The Village of St. Paris in Champaign County Ohio, is seeking a Water and Sewer Operator and Maintenance Technician to perform a variety of semi-skilled tasks, and operate a variety of equipment including the operation, repair, maintenance and replacement of Village water and sewer systems.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Some knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance construction and repair activities
- Ability to perform and assist with daily, monthly and quarterly sampling, testing and some lab analysis, as required by permit
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to respond to after-hours emergency calls within a reasonably short period of time on weeknights and during weekends
- Ability to serve as an essential staff person in the event of any emergency operation; man-made or natural disaster
- Be physically capable of performing duties as assigned and able to endure weather extremes, unsanitary conditions and strenuous situations
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Applications are available at our website www.stparisohio.org or at the Village of St. Paris Municipal Building. All applicants must complete and submit an application, along with a resume and salary requirements. Applications and resumes may be delivered in person to the Village of St. Paris Municipal Building located at 135 W. Main St. St. Paris, OH 43072, mailed to 135 W. Main St. – PO Box 572 St. Paris, OH 43072 or emailed to Village of St. Paris Mayor, Brenda Cook at email@example.com or Village of St. Paris Administrator, Spencer Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes and Applications will be accepted until November 18, 2020 or until the position is filled.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position will be required to submit to pre-employment drug testing and background investigations prior to hire.