St. Paris community members and families,
I want to thank the various agencies that have been coordinating with us over the last few weeks. The Mayor, Council and staff at the Village of St. Paris are working diligently to ensure that the appropriate precautions are taken to protect the residents here in St. Paris. Our staff will continue to perform essential day to day operations at all of our facilities. We have been in contact with the Ohio EPA and have communicated our plans and contingencies for our water and sewer operators. We will continue to ensure the quality of drinking water we provide to the people of St. Paris and others, remains up to the standards set by the Ohio EPA. We would like to announce the following:
- The Municipal Building will be CLOSED to the public until further notice.
- Harmon Park is CLOSED. No access to the playground.
- Any event or rental scheduled at the Municipal building or Harmon Park building has been postponed until further notice
- Village employees are being screened prior to reporting to work. Special thanks to Chief Scott Massie and Captain Jevon Monaghan for their assistance to ensure our employees are checked before starting their work.
- Administrative staff will be at the Municipal Building from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone number for the municipal building is 937-663-4329. We will take over the phone payments on all water/sewer accounts. You can pay over the phone, online at our website www.stparisohio.org or you can place them in the drop box located near the entrance of the Municipal building parking lot.
- Please remember to only flush the proper toiletries down into the sewer system. Items that should NOT be flushed down the toilet include: feminine hygiene products, wet wipes, floss, Q-tips, cotton balls, diapers, pills, paper towels, cigarettes. These items can not only cause plumbing issues for your home, but could potentially cause problems for the Village’s sewer system and treatment facility.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we try and navigate through this difficult situation. During times such as these, it’s important that the residents of St. Paris know that the health and safety of our residents are of upmost importance.
Spencer Mitchell, Village Administrator